When you start to house train, follow these steps:
- Keep the puppy on a regular feeding schedule and take away his food between meals.
- Take puppy out to eliminate first thing in the morning and then once every 30 minutes to an hour.
- Always take him outside after meals or when he wakes from a nap. Make sure he goes out last thing at night and before he’s left alone.
- Take puppy to the same spot each time to do his business. His scent will prompt him to go.
- Stay with him outside, at least until he’s house trained.
- When your puppy eliminates outside, praise him or give him a treat. A walk around the neighborhood is a nice reward.
Don’t forget the training pads.
- Quick drying surface prevents tracking
- The super-absorbent core can turn urine into gel instantly and hold up to 3 cups of liquid
- Built-in attractant and odor neutralizer
- Perfect for training puppies or assisting aging dogs
These training pads are on sale now through this website from Amazon.com