Plan you trip with your dog in mind
You are going to need to find out about air fair and travel crates, if flying. If staying in a hotel, find out if they allow pets. You may want to checkout the location of the veterinarians in the area where you will be staying.
Signs of car sickness
- Excessive drooling
- Hunched posture
Teach your dog to eliminate on cue
- Right before he goes, say a new cue, like “Hurry up!”
- Praise him and give him a treat.
Keep your puppy occupied while you drive
- Give them interactive toys to take up their attention
- Stop often to let them stretch their legs
- Keep them in their crate
- Never leave your dog alone in the car
Staying at a hotel
- Get a small fan or noise-maker so outside noises won’t keep your dog up or cause them to bark.
- Giving the a toy or tough snack to chew and lick will help soothe them and may help them sleep better.