Signs of Anxiety in Dogs
Separation anxiety is triggered when dogs become upset because of separation from their guardians, the people they’re attached to. Escape attempts by dogs with separation anxiety are often extreme and can result in self-injury and household destruction, especially around exit points like windows and doors.
What Causes Anxiety?
- Sickness or pain
- Aging or disease
- Past experiences
- Lack of socialization
- Having been abandoned or neglected
Helping Your Dog with Anxiety
- Practice separation
- Occupy your dog
- Stay calm
- Prioritize exercise
- Consider doggy daycare
- Ask about medications
If your dog exhibits ongoing signs of stress, make an appointment with your veterinarian. Once your dog has a clean bill of health, your veterinarian may refer you to a trainer or veterinary behaviorist to address both the fear and the behaviors it causes.
You may want to try these products to help relieve stress in your dog.
- Vet’s Best wants you and your dog to be able to live a more stress-free life.
- Fireworks, for example, can be a lot of fun, but not if your dog is stressed out.
- Depending on their environment, dogs can be prone to anxiety and nervousness just like humans.
- Vet’s Best Comforting Calm formula is full of natural ingredients like tryptophan, valerian root, and chamomile.
- The ancient Greeks actually used valerian root to cure nervousness and sleeplessness.
The original ThunderShirt has the best patented pressure wrap design available. Like swaddling an infant, ThunderShirt is scientifically proven effective to calm anxiety, fear, and over-excitement issues.
Easy to use, ThunderShirt is adjustable for just the right pressure to calm your dog. Already calming millions of dogs, ThunderShirt has over an 80% success rate. Use for thunder, fireworks, separation anxiety, travel, vet visits, problem barking, reactivity, and much, much more.
Great for rescue dogs. NO TRAINING REQUIRED. COMFORTABLE FIT FOR YOUR DOG. Made of machine washable, soft, breathable fabric.
We offer a MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE: If ThunderShirt does not work, return it for a refund of your purchase price.
- The patented ThunderShirt design applies gentle, constant pressure to calm anxiety, fear, and over excitement.
- Calms during fireworks, thunder, separation, travel, vet visits, and much more with no training and no medication so your dog stays drug-free. Great for rescue dogs.
- Already over 80% successful at helping millions of dogs. Recommended by thousands of vets and trainers. Also works with ThunderLeash.
- Money-back guarantee: We stand behind ThunderShirt. If you are not satisfied for any reason, simply return for a refund of your purchase price.
- Backed by science: Dr. Temple Grandin and other leading behavior scientists studied ThunderShirt and found it effectively calms dogs.